Wednesday, May 13, 2009

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest: PART 1

Okay…so….After reading a bit I began to realize what the significance of the title was…The “Cuckoo’s Nest” referred to the mental institution/psychiatric ward (however you want to say it).

The characters are what stuck out to me the most in part one because they were what really made the story. The black aides who can be fit to the typical stereotype (only in the matter of this text though….) or the patients….What ABOUT THE PATIENTS!! Look at how they are portrayed in this book. So far they are the victim of the staff’s cruelty. …Ugh….just the thought of if that actually happened now…

I think that the treatment that these patients are getting is inhumane. It’s unethical….Like seriously people treated animals better than that. I thought that psychiatric wards were supposed to “help” people to recover…I guess not…

No comments:

Post a Comment