Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hamlet: Act II

Okay, so let's go back and recollect the events that happened so far.

  1. Hamlets father died (more like murdered)
  2. Gertrude and Claudius hook up (wow...like way to mourn for your hubby Geri)
  3. blah blah blah some dramatic stuff blah blah blah
  4. Hamlet gets the real dirt on the death of his father from his spirit (OMG A GHOST!!!)
  5. Hamlet devises a plan ("I now proclaim my insanity")

Oh look...Here we are ACT II!!!

Okay so at this point in the play Hamlet is about to play the role as "psycho". It's hard to tell if Hamlet is just really good at acting mad or if this role is actually making him turn into a mad-man. (kind of like some Heath Ledger stuff dont ya think?!?) In my opinion all this stress and the vents that led up to this have gotten way over his head and is making him think and do crazy things.

Another point of interest in this act was Ophelia and Hamlet. What is going on in their love life. If Hamlet was in love with Ophelia why would he give the letters back and treat her the way he did.

This play has got me so confused I just might go crazy myself...(I'm surprised Shakespeare didn't go crazy while writing this masterpiece)

I did however like when the Players came in and reinacted events that had happened. I guess it was Hamlets way of telling Claudius that he knew what was up and that he wasn't going to get away with it. (Hamlet very clever man)

No comments:

Post a Comment